President and Chief Security Officer
MBA, CPP, CISSP
As President and CSO of Apollo, Dave Tyson leads CISO Insights, the cybersecurity advisory and professional services business unit of Apollo Information Systems. Dave partners with Apollo’s clients to provide critical services including security strategy, assessment, security roadmapping, and operational practices to ensure the protection of their brand and information assets, aligned with enablement of their business.
Prior to joining Apollo, Dave founded CISO Insights, served as the Chief Information Security Officer of SC Johnson, a global consumer products leader, and Pacific Gas and Electric, the largest power utility in the United States, as well as Director of Global Security Operations for eBay, the largest online marketplace in the world. Other security industry experience includes Chief Security Officer for Vancouver, Canada, Host City of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Dave also founded Cyber Easy Learning, a Cybersecurity education company that teaches essential security fundamentals for developing security professionals and companies building their internal capabilities.
Dave is the past Chairman of the Board and 2015 President of ASIS International, the world’s largest security management association, and led their development of Enterprise Security Risk Management (ERSM) process and methodology.
Recognition of Dave Tyson’s contributions to Cybersecurity include:
- 2016 Top 50 most influential people in Security by IFSEC Global
- 2015 Top 50 most influential people in Security by IFSEC Global
- 2010 Nominated as Security Executive of the Year by ISE
- 2007 Named Security Director of the Year by Canadian Security Magazine
- 2006 Named one of the “Top 10 Movers and Shakers” in the industry by Security Technology and Design magazine
- 2006 Awarded the “Award for Excellence in Security Convergence” by the Alliance for Enterprise Security Risk Management (AESRM)
- 2005 Awarded the “Security Pioneer” Award by the Canadian Chapters of ASIS International
Dave earned a Master of Business Administration, specializing in Digital Technology Management, is a Certified Protection Professional (CPP), is Board Certified in Security Management, and is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).